Priming more than one pump

gapool

Mar 13, 2012
Please forgive my extrememly limited knowledge but any help would be appraciated.

We have three pumps, one for a waterfull, one for a slide, and the pool/filter pump. We just refilled the pool after redoing our stonescape surface. There is an air release valve on the filter which we used to prime the filter pump, which is currently working fine. We winterized the other two, in the fall and now need to prime them as well.

Do we use the same air release valve that is on the filter? I wouldn't think so because that would cause problems with that pump.

There appear to be some valves on the waterfall and slide pumps but there is no pressure gauge. Are those the air release values? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

All you should have to do to prime those is to fill the pump strainer baskets with water as much as you can and open all the valves and turn the pump on. They should prime in several seconds of running. If not repeat.

It would be real helpful if you posted some pics of the equipment. We'd have a better idea of what needs doing.

As Bama Rambler said. In order to prime any pump, all you need to do is fill the pump basket with water. It has a lid which is usually clear and a basket with a grid like pattern to catch any of the larger debris. Make sure all power is off so as you can cause damage and or serious injury to yourself. Release any pressure which is normally a relief valve or cap. Take the lid off and fill with fresh water. I'm assuming the pump is above the pool, otherwise gravity will self prime the pumps, and you wouldn't be asking. Make sure all valves are open before you turn the power on otherwise you will cause damage or seriously hurt yourself!!!

I haven't actually watched this video but I just did a quick search on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsGZfpKiFZA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.