Plaster color?

Miscanthus

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2009
I cannot decide. Right now it is white. Beautiful when went in but began showing stains.
I think I would like gray but most gray pools I have seen have streaks or random discoloration. Well? Input please.

Hey Miscanthus, what color stains are you seeing? Have you tried removing them with anything? Also, do you test your pool chemistry often?

Stains can happen for a variety of reasons, including your pH level, calcium level, dissolved metals, and algae. If you give us some more information about your pool (pics are always helpful), we might be able to help you manage your stains without having to re-plaster.

mhosborn said:
We went with a Quartzscapes Super Blue finish on our pool just completed a couple of months ago_Our summers are pretty hot here in the Tulsa, OK area, so we didn't want to go any darker than this, as the darker the finish, the warmer the pool will be in the summer.
Do you have any pic's you can post we are trying to decide on Quartzscapes color and Super Blue is what we are leaning towards but can't find pic's. Next would be Aruba Sky or Tahoe Blue but I think they are to dark we have a very big, deep pool and don't want it to dark for the kids to swim in deep end and can't see bottom of pool. Thanks.

To the OP~

Who is doing your replastering? Can you go and see other pools in your area that they have done?

I am very much in favor of a light-colored pool, especially if the pool has a deep end. My pool is essentially a very pale blue, and I am glad for its lightness. It is very, very easy to see every square inch of its surface, and I know I will never have any algae or staining sneaking up on me, as might happen with a dark surface. It is very easy to find lost earrings; it is easy to see every speck of dirt, every dead worm, every piece of ick that might get in there. :shock:

A black PebbleTec pool in my area was featured in a local magazine a few years ago. Yes, it is stunning to look at, but I know that you would never easily be able to see problems with the water or the PTec.

Lana

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.