Bigchz

Mar 13, 2012
Can I ask some advice, I am getting a pool built now, just started yesterday. I live in Orlando, FL and it will be screened in. So my questions are........I am having buyers remorse on my pick of ozone...I think I want to change it to salt.....can somebody please tell me if I made the right choice....I will have chlorine as well....my other question is I am getting Pentair intellibrite LED and wondering if I should buy the remote for $300...they said I would have to click up and down to get the right color...I am thinking it would be much easier just to turn the dial to the color.......is it worth the extra money??????????? Thanks in advance...

Scott

Welcome to TFP!

A salt pool does use chlorine, which is generated by a salt water chlorine generator or SWCG. It's a good choice for chlorination. You probably don't need the ozone at all.

We just finished our pool build earlier this year, and I was leery about having to flip the switch to achieve the desired color with our Intellibrites, so I opted for the controller. Our pool builder let us buy the controller online, since he said that price was lower than his cost. If I recall, we paid around $200 online for it, and I'd highly recommend getting one, as changing colors/themes is much, much easier with the controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.