Building vinyl over steps

Kellym

Mar 1, 2012
Need ideas on building steps for a new pool build. Steps will be width of pool at 20 ft and 1 step will be extra wide for play area for younger kid and could work as a tanning ledge. Was thinking of building steps from block and putting concrete for the top. Anyone have sugustions on the best way to build the steps or should they just be formed and an finished. Help!!! And thanks!

Hi Kellym, I'm having a pool built right now, they should finish the actual digging of the pool today. Believe it or not mine is going to be a vinyl liner with a set of steps running the width of the pool, the first step is 2.5' followed by 2 normal steps. If you've got a few days-week to figure it out I'll have plenty of pictures showing how mine were made in this thread decided-to-build-first-pool-this-spring-t41345.html you can see a diagram of my future pool there as well.

Here is picture of how our vinyl over steps were built. They put padding between the concrete and liner. We had a bench put in the deep end that was done the same way.

Attachments

• dig10.JPG
    dig10.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 157
  • dig12.JPG
    dig12.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 154
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.