Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for SWG? Tips?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for SWG? Tips?

We are looking into getting a SWG for this season. Any recommendations? Tips? Suggestions?

Is it best to install pre-opening or after we get everything up and running again? Fingers crossed for clear water when we open. This is our first season keeping the pool covered all winter (thanks to the suggestion of using water filled bleach bottles to hold the cover in place). I have been dying to peek under there and see what is going on, especialy with this wacky "winter" we have had.

24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Recommendations for SWG? Tips?

Is your's plumbed with flex or rigid pipe?

With an ABG you have lots of choices. You could go with the Aquatrol RJ which connects to the return jet at the pool or you can go with a tradional unit that connects anywhere in the return piping. Pentair and Hayward are the major brands and Compuchlor has been getting good reviews here.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Recommendations for SWG? Tips?

You could try an Intex, that is what I have... Low entry cost, and you could see if you like the salt water (most people do).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.