Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: What adapter?

What adapter?

Well, my old pump finally died and I purchased a new one, which of course has a different fitting for connecting to the sand filter. Below are 3 pics, my old pump, the pipe that attached to it and my new pump. What sort of adapter do i need to make my current piping work with this pump?

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan
    30ft AGP
    2hp pump
    TFTestkits ,Pool Calculator, Pool School

Re: What adapter?

Looks like a nipple in the pump volute attached to a threaded union would work
    30,000 gunnite with emerald bay pebble tec
    Pentair fns 60 square feet DE filter
    Whisperflow 0.75 hp pump

If that's a standard union half on the filter hose then Axell is correct. All you need is a union and a nipple. If it's not I'd change the hose out to rigid PVC all the way.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Is that inner threading the right size to connect a pvc end (such as the ones you can buy at hardware stores)?

the male end of the male+female threaded coupler
    Aaron
    TFP Expert - As proven by three years of crystal clear water :D
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG / Hard plumb: Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG / Taylor K-2006 / Central IL ]