Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: cantilever coping

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    cantilever coping

    hello everyone,
    i have a pool that was built in the 70's and it has that ugly 8" wide coping around the pool. i want to get rid of it and replace with pavers. im new to having a in ground pool. i researched different types of coping. the one im looking at is the cantilever type. now, how does this get installed to the walls of the pool and must i drain the pool
    12'x24', 15000 gal, ig vinyl pool with 3/4 hp pump, hayward s200 filter

  2. Back To Top    #2

    In the Industry

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Phoenix, AZ

    Re: cantilever coping

    Hey ricwol, welcome to TFP! I can give you a little bit of insight about cantilever coping, but it would also be helpful to know a little more about your pool. It is gunite, fiberglass, or vinyl liner? Pictures would be helpful. For future posts, you should put the size of pool, type of pool, and equipment in your signature box. (This can be added in your 'User Control Panel')

    As you probably know, cantilever coping will hang over the edge of your pool walls a little bit. For installation, you don't NEED to drain your pool (but you would definitely want to put a cover over the water to catch debris. I found this video on YouTube that shows a coping project with a full pool. (

    Even if you plan on doing this project by yourself, it would suit you well to have a pool builder (or 3) come over to give you an estimate for the work. You can ask questions about how they plan to tackle the project and request a written, detailed estimate. This will give you a good idea about the work that will be involved, specific to your pool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts