Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Riviera Pools, Phoenix and Polaris Pop-up question

1. Back To Top    #1

Riviera Pools, Phoenix and Polaris Pop-up question

Hello, I purchased a pool from Riviera (who went out of business 1 month after my pool was built) that included its proprietary pop-up system. After some research, I'm pretty sure that it is really a Polaris Caretaker pop-up system. Anyways, the pop-up was stuck on one of the 5 pop-ups in the actual 'motor' portion, which is a housing that contains a set of gears and white balls (the balls cover the holes and uncover them when the gear system spins to allow the water to flow).

So, like an idiot, I took it apart to see if there was something stuck and I cant get it back together. The gear housing will not fully sit back down with the balls in place, but, I cant take the balls out because they are meant to go under the gear housing.

Does this make any sense? Can anyone help?

15k gallon IG kidney pool with attached spa
    sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Riviera Pools, Phoenix and Polaris Pop-up question

The gear box is keyed so it will only go in one way, as I recall. If you need a rebuild kit, it is part number 5-9-2001.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.