OK...well there is good news, we finally got a response from the company we did a remodel with...as some of you may remember it was less than glowing reviews. We had a lawyer write them a letter, amazing how fast they responded However the owner and construction manager came out today, were on time and were upset with the work their company had done (lawyers have a lot of power I guess...)
what we're asking for is to have the plaster fixed (it's streaking, really weird but streaks in the plaster) they offered to do an acid wash, let it sit for a day or two and if that didn't clear it up to re-plaster...I'm cool with that. They will also pay for the water bill, start up, and twice a day sweeping if they have to re-plaster (all good news)
Second, our flagstone has had a ton of dust come off it and it's un even on the pool deck side, they will cut the stone on a straight line so it doesn't look like **** and seal the stone, again I'm very happy with their response...still waiting for the work.
The advice I need is we were planning on getting a new pump and maybe going to salt water...what I need to know is should we get the pump before the re-work and/or the salt system? Right now I don't think our pump has enough life for a new start up from a freshly filled pool...you can hear it from inside the house, it's on it's last leg...so I think we're going to do that or would it be bad for a pump to be newly installed then sit for a few days?
And for the salt, should we let them do their start up, then add the salt system in April/May after they are gone? And no, we're not having them do either installs...
Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice! If everything works out in the long run I will update my previous experience with them...and if we're completely happy I'll even give the owner back his URL