Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quartzscapes Plaster Start Up Instructions

1. Back To Top    #1

Quartzscapes Plaster Start Up Instructions

I have been looking on this forum and there seems to be some difference of opinion on the acid bath vs acid wash. what is required? I cant find Quartzscapes Manufacturer Info anywhere and when I called up TPC, they keep referring me to a local builder. How do i get the actual Manufacturer recommended start up procedures? Does anyone have this? Thanks!
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quartzscapes Plaster Start Up Instructions

Here are the basic plaster startup instructions from Pool School...

pool-school/pool_plaster_start-up

Now, if you are wanting to do something similar to an acid start, someone else will need to chime in on that.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is plaster startup the same for all plasters? Don't some require different measures? Just curious. I had printed this out but saw other forums where they talked about different ways to start up. some talked about acid washing. Some say to not acid wash and instead to acid bath? Its all very confusing, but in reality to ensure I get the warranty coverage from the manufacturer, I need to follow their instructions, right?
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, in order to maintain your warranty, you need to go about it the way that they require you to.