Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my liner ruined??

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my liner ruined??

Hello folks... I have a problem. The wide strap halfway down the pool that wraps around the "belly" of the liner had been chewed up my mans best friend...

Is there a fix for this or will i be draining and replacing my liner this year?

I have the blue 18' Intex.

Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Phoenix, AZ

Re: Is my liner ruined??

Hey Dave, I've got a couple questions about your liner.

Is it chewed all the way through?

If possible, pictures would help us get the best idea of whats going on, and what you can do to fix it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldave52
    The wide strap halfway down the pool that wraps around the "belly" of the liner had been chewed up my mans best friend
    Welcome to tfp digitaldave52!
    Where do you live? Is your pool frozen (like mine)? If it is or even if it isn't but still holding water, I would think you could repair/replace the strap. If it isn't frozen, you may have to reduce the water level so the strap is the right diameter when placed, then refill. If the liner is not broken, you should be able to reuse it. Those Intex liners are not like most AGP liners where once you drain they typically need to be replaced, the Intex seem to handle (and are designed to handle?) draining. Got any pictures?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm in North Carolina, so nope, no frozen pool here. (at least not this year)
    The strap is chewed completely through but the liner itself is undamaged and holding water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW Metro

Some rolled up newspaper for the dog and some Gorilla brand duct tape for the strap and you'll be as good as new.
    13k gallon IG gunite pool
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Jandy cartridge filter
    Stenner Pump and tank

6. Back To Top    #6
    Houston, Texas

Last year someone posted where they used a heavy duty towing strap and a wratching winch to replace a busted liner strap on their intex pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!