Solar Heater Plumbing?

Gunnert

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 1, 2012
Hi, my pool builder is installing 38' Moroccan fiberglass pool in April. This is a "basic" installation, e.g. no spa, no heater, etc. I know I will be installing solar panels next year. Should I have the PB plumb for the solar feed/return with valves now or should I not worry about it until I cross that bridge?
Question #2: Control is EasyTouch 4 w/ic40, can I use the ET to automatically setup run times for the solar heater? If so, how many actuators would I need and what would be the basic plumbing?

...just tying to think ahead...

It really doesn't matter if he installs the stub outs or not, but do make him aware of it so he can route the plumbing so you don't have to completely reconfigure it when you get ready to install the solar.

I can't answer about the automation but you'll need at least 2 actuators for the solar. You can get by with one on a three-way valve, but using two is better IMO.

We only have one three way actuator( GL-235 controller), however we do not have full automation. Like dave said 2 actuators would be better. Look at our solar install in the sig bar to give you ideas of set up. Hope this helps :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.