Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green pool help

1. Back To Top    #1

Green pool help

Last few weeks we had oak trees making babies in my pool. I have 4 big oak trees in my yard. That makes lots of little oak trees floating in the air. I do have a bird cage over my pool but the pollen is smaller so it snuck in for a swim.

Here are my numbers and a picture.

FC- 8
    pH- 8.2ish...(i hate color change tests)
    T/A 150
    CH 240
    CYA 40
    Temp 70

I did add some muratic acid to bring the PH down a little. And I threw my tablet floater back in with 3 tabs to bump the CYA up a bit.

In this picture I did brush right before I took the picture but I dont think it made it any worse. And Ive been running my pump for 3 days straight.

edit(ok pics to big but im sure youve seen green pools before and Im late for work.)
    11,000gal 24' x 48" Summer Escapes AGP
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter / SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

New Caney, Texas

Re: Green pool help

Shock value for CYA 40 is 16. Have you read Lots of great info there.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Green pool help

Your numbers don't look bad except for the pH and the TA. The TA will come down over time by adjusting the pH down. I'd keep a close eye on the pH and adjust it whenever it gets to about 7.8 or so.

We have tons of oak worms too but they don't affect the balance very much as long as they're being removed often.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit