Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump disconnect

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump disconnect

I am installing a new Pentair Intelliflo pump and due to it's cost and only 4 months of use here in NE-PA I thought I'd bring it in the house when the pool is closed up. My question is, is there a good option for a disconnect that can be used? The pump station is 50 feet from the pool and the ez touch breaker box is 4 feet from the pump. The pump will be on a 240 volt/20 amp circuit. I can easily use a DIN disconnect for the rs-485 connection.

I have two other larger 5 HP pumps for the swim system and I'm considering bringing them in also and each of them is on a 30 amp circuit.

Thanks,

john
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump disconnect

You can use twist-lock connectors for the pumps if your jurisdiction allows it. The NEC allows plug and cord connections with a cord no longer than 3'. You can't plug the bonding conductor though. You'll have to mechanically disconnect it each time.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Do they make a water tight twistlock?
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are marine versions of them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit