Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pentair jet vac cleaner to ....?

1. Back To Top    #1

pentair jet vac cleaner to ....?

Currently I have a booster pump with a jet vac cleaner which is only 3 year old but the parts on it keep wearing out...so was looking to upgrade to the polaris or the kreepy krauly platinum...would i need to change anything out to make the change? I assume the connection to the pool wall and the booster pump will both work? IE they are universal?
    built 4/08/2000 16 x32 460 Sq FT Pool 16,000 gallons 3.5 ft 5 ft 3.5 ft sport pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pentair jet vac cleaner to ....?

They're all pressure side cleaners so they should work with the pump you have now. The wall fittings should also work but if not you can buy adapters for them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

ok thanks. Is polaris or the pentair considered more durable?

Is it normal for the hose line on my jet vac to be "peeling"? When I pull it in to empty the bag the line leaves blue paint or chips on my hands
    built 4/08/2000 16 x32 460 Sq FT Pool 16,000 gallons 3.5 ft 5 ft 3.5 ft sport pool

4. Back To Top    #4

any thoughts

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know which is considered more durable but the hose should not be peeling or chipping. Sounds like it's past time for a new one.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Looking for a new one again...what is considered the best polaris or best value?

7. Back To Top    #7

I recall quite a few threads liking the 280. It has a reputation for being the most reliable and best for leaves due to the larger throat opening. Although I have no experience with them.

I imagine that the 380 and 3900 are more expensive and not sure if they are worth it.

Try searching for pressure cleaners:
    Here is some discussion (although other thread love the 3900):
    polaris-9300-disapointing-first-run-t20565.html
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4tx
    Looking for a new one again...what is considered the best polaris or best value?
    I would consider the Polaris 280 to the best value.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

9. Back To Top    #9

Anyone looking for parts on the jet vac?