Gold Supporter
May 10, 2011
Quitman, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last time I tested water was 09/02 and CH was 250 today the water temp hit 60 so I wanted to get FC up to at least 5 to combat algae. Tested CH at to my surprise it was 0..
FC 0 Added 3 gal to get it to 5
PH 8.2 will add 2 qts acid to get that to 7.5
TA 170 I've always had trouble with TA in this pool
CH 0!!
Borate 15
Temp 60
Could the Could the r-0010 or the r-11l gone bad over winter? I keep the kit in the house. No extreme temps.
Thanks for any help.
Tod

If the pool has not been circulating, then you might have a layer of low, to no, calcium water near the top from rainwater. Can you describe what happened during the test?

East texas we have mild winters. I've been running the pump 2-3 hours a gay all winter. I filled the test vial to 25ml added 20 drops of R-0010 then 5 drops of R-001L while the vial was sitting on a speedstir. and the water just stayed clear never turning red.

I would say your R-0011L is bad. :idea:
Mine went bad and got the same results, I knew there was calcium in the fill water at my sons and couldn't get any red either, just replaced it 2 weeks ago and got perfect reading of 260, which is about right as my fill water 8 miles away is 250.
Mine was about 10 months old, but I did leave it outside way too many times last summer, my fault for testing too much and staying out swimming in our wonderful sparkling pool late at night! :party:
Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.