Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: no calcium showed in tft test

1. Back To Top    #1

no calcium showed in tft test

Last time I tested water was 09/02 and CH was 250 today the water temp hit 60 so I wanted to get FC up to at least 5 to combat algae. Tested CH at to my surprise it was 0..
    FC 0 Added 3 gal to get it to 5
    PH 8.2 will add 2 qts acid to get that to 7.5
    TA 170 I've always had trouble with TA in this pool
    CH 0!!
    Borate 15
    Temp 60
    Could the Could the r-0010 or the r-11l gone bad over winter? I keep the kit in the house. No extreme temps.
    Thanks for any help.
    Tod
    20x40 gunite inground roman shape 7 ft deep end, 1hp hayward main pump, 2hp in-floor cleaner pump for Paramount PV-3,all plumbing 2" sch 40, Nitro wall climber robot, Fiberstars WPC-2, ColorLogic LED lights, Hayward 425 sq. ft. cartridge filter, UltraPure UPP25 UV ozone.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: no calcium showed in tft test

If the pool has not been circulating, then you might have a layer of low, to no, calcium water near the top from rainwater. Can you describe what happened during the test?

3. Back To Top    #3

East texas we have mild winters. I've been running the pump 2-3 hours a gay all winter. I filled the test vial to 25ml added 20 drops of R-0010 then 5 drops of R-001L while the vial was sitting on a speedstir. and the water just stayed clear never turning red.
    20x40 gunite inground roman shape 7 ft deep end, 1hp hayward main pump, 2hp in-floor cleaner pump for Paramount PV-3,all plumbing 2" sch 40, Nitro wall climber robot, Fiberstars WPC-2, ColorLogic LED lights, Hayward 425 sq. ft. cartridge filter, UltraPure UPP25 UV ozone.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

treefarmer,

That sounds like the R-0011L may be bad.

Send me a PM so I can ask you a couple of quick questions and we'll get it fixed.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I would say your R-0011L is bad.
    Mine went bad and got the same results, I knew there was calcium in the fill water at my sons and couldn't get any red either, just replaced it 2 weeks ago and got perfect reading of 260, which is about right as my fill water 8 miles away is 250.
    Mine was about 10 months old, but I did leave it outside way too many times last summer, my fault for testing too much and staying out swimming in our wonderful sparkling pool late at night!
    Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh! The kids distracted me a few minutes, Looks like Dave beat me to it!
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.