peeling pool?

Mar 6, 2012
Hi

I don't own a pool, but have a question regarding pools.

I am currently taking lessons at a instructor private backyard pool, I am not sure when the pool was built but the house was built in the 30s and renovated in the 50s

After the 1st lesson, my hands and feet are stained blue from peeling plaster? on the bottom/sides. I been trying to get the blue stain off and it doesn't seem to be coming off completely. Should I be concerned about this as I'm not sure what materials/chemicals is in the stuff and I don't need any health issues down the line.

thank you

Welcome to TFP.

I have never heard of the problem that you describe. Plaster is pretty inert and I doubt that you would have much to worry about if this was due to plaster. I wonder if perhaps this is due to pool paint and not plaster. Still seems unusual though.

Bama Rambler said:
You'd be surprised what Mayonaise will remove. It's the combination of fat and lemon juice that does the trick. It won't take everything off but it doesn't harm anything to try it.
And I have learned something here today. I grovel before you sir. I am not worthy.

Ah thank you for the suggestion. I will try Mayonaise to see if it can get it off more.

if it is chalking paint, do I need to worry lead content or anything harmful since I'm in that pool a couple times a week?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.