Structural problems related to drought

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
:wave: Hello all, long time no see! :shock:

My pool took a beating last year with the drought, and this year is not looking too good either. We are starting off the season at stage 3 water conservation!

So, I'm just wondering out loud...wonder if a soaker hose around the perimeter of the pool would have any effect on mitigating further damage to the pool? The jury seems to be out whether or not they make any appreciable difference around a house foundation, and just think how much deeper my pool "foundation" is...

Any thoughts?

Re: Pool shell cracking

257WbyMag said:
Is your SHELL actually cracking?
Huh, yeah maybe I worded that wrongly. There were hairline cracks in the pool when I purchased the house, but after a little research I found that is not uncommon. Pool can settle causing mostly superficial cracks. So I was never worried about them.

However, after last year's brutal summer those hairline cracks opened up to almost 1/8" in places. The pool doesn't seem to be losing water, so I guess maybe the shell is not cracking, but something sure is happening. I have posted pictures in the past that show how much my deck heaves at the driest time of summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.