Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for Austin, TX area contractor for redoing pool deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for Austin, TX area contractor for redoing pool deck

I have a pool that has cool deck around it. It is probably over 20 years old and my husband and I would like to redo the surface. Obviously, there is concrete under the cool deck. I like the look of stained concrete, so that's problaby where we are leaning. I am looking for some recommendations for some contractors in the Austin, TX area. We are actually in Round Rock. Anyone have a recommendation? Thank you!
    45K gallon IG old (1950s) concrete pool (white plaster)
    Rectangular 20' by 40' with 12' deep end
    one skimmer in deep, two returns in shallow
    1 HP Hayward pump
    Hayward Pro Series 300 lb sand filter
    Aquabot T4
    TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for Austin, TX area contractor for redoing pool

Without pix, I can't tell what type of pool you have. You may be able to just scrape the old off and apply an acrylic topping or you might need to do an actual deck change and that may involve a new coping, especially if you have a liner.

If you can, please post a pic or a link to a pic. I personally use photobucket by pasting the 4th code option found when hovering over the pic. Two windows/tabs are needed for this.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking for Austin, TX area contractor for redoing pool

Quote Originally Posted by emdemd77
    I have a pool that has cool deck around it. It is probably over 20 years old and my husband and I would like to redo the surface. Obviously, there is concrete under the cool deck. I like the look of stained concrete, so that's problaby where we are leaning. I am looking for some recommendations for some contractors in the Austin, TX area. We are actually in Round Rock. Anyone have a recommendation? Thank you!
    Hey there - did you ever find someone in Austin to re-do your deck? I am looking for someone in Austin.

Thanks,
    David
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG