Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this?

I am curious to know what this ledge in the pool is called. It is only 10" deep on it. Also, what are the things on it for? They have the red box around them. The first picture is a close up of one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gal inground hourglass shape with 7' Hot Tub with overflow; Gunite
    Hayward TriStar 1.85/.22 THP - Hayward cartrige filter- SWG.
    Hayward Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this?

This looks like a tanning ledge, and the fixtures you've highlighted are either bubblers or lights (hard to tell from the photos). It's possible, too, they are lighted bubblers.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, so far I haven't seen it do anything special.
    Hayward Gas Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

With our pool, the bubblers are turned on/off by manually opening/closing a valve at the equipment pad, so it's possible the valve to those is closed. We can control the height of the bubblers by only opening the valve partially. If those are lighted bubblers, there must be a control for them somewhere (but since ours aren't lit, I can't offer advice on those types of bubblers). Do you have a valve at the equipment pad labeled "Bubblers" or "Water Feature"?
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

5. Back To Top    #5

I will have to look closer. The only one that I have ever messed with was the skimmer and the in wall suction valve. When I use the Spa, there are automatic valves that turn when activated.
    Hayward Gas Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

They look as if they could be umbrella sleeves. If the cap has a little straight tab across it try twisting it counter clockwise and see if it comes off and insert an umbrella.
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

7. Back To Top    #7

The cap does have a little straight tab across it. I was always afraid to mess with it thinking I might drain the pool! I did try to turn it though and it does seem to be on there pretty good. I didn't get too close (out-stretched arm) to it as the water is still pretty cold.

No other special valves were found to suggest it is a bubbler, although that would have been cool to have.
    Hayward Gas Heater