Opening Salt Water Pool in Spring.. what chemicals do I need

Oct 3, 2007
I am opening my salt walter pool sometime next month. What do I need to get. I have the following

some bottles of Liquid Stabilizer/Pool Water Conditioner

When I had just regular chlorine pool I knew the chemicals I needed to throw in to make the pool swim able after a few days for things to settle down. Do advise. Thanks.. I have the $70+ Salt water Tester Kit someone here told me to get and I have been using it ever since.

I have to add water... then Salt, then do I add the Liquid Stabilizer/Pool Water Conditioner after the salt or before the salt. As before ... when I forgot to add the Liquid Stabilizer/Pool Water Conditioner... the salt kinda went away within less than a week and I had to keep adding salt.

Re: Opening Salt Water Pool in Spring.. what chemicals do I

You STILL have a chlorine pool! Only thing has changed is the need for salt per your generator requirement and a tad higher CYA level.

Spend some time up in Pool School reading those articles and that will help you begin to gain an understanding of how to care for your pool.

pectin232 said:
As before ... when I forgot to add the Liquid Stabilizer/Pool Water Conditioner... the salt kinda went away within less than a week and I had to keep adding salt.
The salt doesn't go away except by water loss.

The first thing to do is run the pump and then get a full set of test results. That will tell you where to start and what you need to add if anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.