Replacing vinyl liner and have some questions

May 26, 2007
Hi All,
After 15 years my current liner is bleached to a pale baby blue and the pattern is washed out. It's really ugly so I'm looking to replace it. I noticed there are a lot of pebble patterns with colors in the browns and taupes. How do they look with water in them? I was thinking I want a dark blue shimmering look.

My pool measures 16x32 and was quoted $3k installed (including the 13% tax). Sound about right? Any other tips or advice on choosing the correct liner is truly appreciated. I'd hate to make a $3k mistake.

Thanks!
Joe

That's about what I was quoted to replace my liner, including retrowling the floor and any other surface repairs and new foam. That's here in SoCal.

The installer should be able to provide you with samples and/or have these 1 foot wide by 3 or 4 foot long samples that they can drape over the edge so you can see it under the water.

Thanks a ton. I like the shimmering dark blue look but I like the way the pebble liners look outside the water. Its different. I hate decisions like this.

Anyone have any pictures of the pebble finishes (with water)?

Search for tan liner and you'll find some pictures. I have a darker blue pebble liner - search on my name for a thread in under construction titled unground vinyl pool remodel in San Diego or something like that. Sorry I'm on my iPhone or I'd paste in the links. We chose the darkest blue color that Plastimayd makes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.