IntelliBrite 5g White LED

walker3733

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I am looking to install an IntelliBrite 5g White LED to replace my existing incandescent Amerlite fixture that is leaking. The 5g White LED comes in 3 different wattage equivalencies and I am not sure which one would be the best replacement. The available wattage equivalencies are 300, 400 and 500 watts.

Thanks,
Justin

I just came across this post as I was searching for information on the IntelliBrite 5G lights - so I hope it's okay if I just piggyback my question here rather than start a new post. I am in the process of planning a pool build, and am wondering if one IntelliBrite 5G colored light is enough to illuminate a 16x32 freeform pool (lagoon style)? PB is offering one and says it will be sufficient. I guess I can't see how 1 light is really bright enough to illuminate such a distance, as I want the deep end and steps to have light. Cost is $1300 but he is throwing it in as a free upgrade. Sounds like a pricey upgrade for a light! Any thoughts?

My 2 cents:

Have your builder put in normal incandescents, knock off 1300 and then replace the incandescent bulbs with the screw in leds later - that way your not forced into one vendor. That is what we did - ours is roughly 15 x 30 - one large light in deeper end (6 feet) and the one spa size light near steps - just the right amount of light. We have aqua blue pebble sheen finish.

I'll try to get some pics tonight.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?b01z0z

I like the thought of a spa sized light near the steps, i will have to consider this. If I go with normal incandescent lights now, would I be able to switch to a multicolored LED screw in later?

Yes the aftermarket just screw into a regular socket.

Go with the brightest you can get - remember the colored LEDs only represent a small portion of the total output - that being said we replaced a 500 W big light and small spa light near stairs and our actual spa light with the colorsplash and really like them. I might have considered just the all white for the pool (only because we have blue pebbletec) but would still stick with the colored light for the spa.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yshurd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.