Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IntelliBrite 5g White LED

1. Back To Top    #1

IntelliBrite 5g White LED

I am looking to install an IntelliBrite 5g White LED to replace my existing incandescent Amerlite fixture that is leaking. The 5g White LED comes in 3 different wattage equivalencies and I am not sure which one would be the best replacement. The available wattage equivalencies are 300, 400 and 500 watts.

Thanks,
    Justin
    21,550 Gallon Plaster Pool With Attached Hot Tub, 2.5 HP Pentair Challenger, 60 Sq Ft FNS Plus DE Filter, Aqua Rite SWG T-15 Cell, Aqualink PDA PS8

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IntelliBrite 5g White LED

What wattage incandescent are you running now?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

3. Back To Top    #3

I just came across this post as I was searching for information on the IntelliBrite 5G lights - so I hope it's okay if I just piggyback my question here rather than start a new post. I am in the process of planning a pool build, and am wondering if one IntelliBrite 5G colored light is enough to illuminate a 16x32 freeform pool (lagoon style)? PB is offering one and says it will be sufficient. I guess I can't see how 1 light is really bright enough to illuminate such a distance, as I want the deep end and steps to have light. Cost is $1300 but he is throwing it in as a free upgrade. Sounds like a pricey upgrade for a light! Any thoughts?
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

4. Back To Top    #4

My 2 cents:

Have your builder put in normal incandescents, knock off 1300 and then replace the incandescent bulbs with the screw in leds later - that way your not forced into one vendor. That is what we did - ours is roughly 15 x 30 - one large light in deeper end (6 feet) and the one spa size light near steps - just the right amount of light. We have aqua blue pebble sheen finish.

I'll try to get some pics tonight.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?b01z0z
    Steve
    Deep in the Heart......errrr HEAT of Texas
    20k gallon gunite formal

5. Back To Top    #5

I like the thought of a spa sized light near the steps, i will have to consider this. If I go with normal incandescent lights now, would I be able to switch to a multicolored LED screw in later?
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

6. Back To Top    #6

After pulling the fixture I think I have answered my own question. Both bulb and fixture are rated for 500 watts. So it looks like I am going with the 500 watt white LED. Any thoughts on how these look versus incandescents?
    21,550 Gallon Plaster Pool With Attached Hot Tub, 2.5 HP Pentair Challenger, 60 Sq Ft FNS Plus DE Filter, Aqua Rite SWG T-15 Cell, Aqualink PDA PS8

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes the aftermarket just screw into a regular socket.

Go with the brightest you can get - remember the colored LEDs only represent a small portion of the total output - that being said we replaced a 500 W big light and small spa light near stairs and our actual spa light with the colorsplash and really like them. I might have considered just the all white for the pool (only because we have blue pebbletec) but would still stick with the colored light for the spa.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yshurd
    Steve
    20k gallon gunite formal

8. Back To Top    #8

I should clarify - we have aqua blue pebble tec and some of the light colors (particularly reds) are pretty dim - I think the pool wall just absorbs it - the blues are super bright with our finish though. If you had white plaster you would get all the colors represented well.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3tbbco
    Steve
    20k gallon gunite formal