About 2install Nature2 Fusion Inground?

gujjuman

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Charlotte, NC
We are renovating our 10 year old pool. The contractor is about to install Natur2 system but seems like we should nix the plan based on what I'm reading here. My question is what pool equipment do I need if we nix the Nature2?

We are not fans of saltwater, want to stick with chlorine.

Currently we have : Cartridge filter, pump and Nature2...

Do we need inline chlorinator in lieu of Nature2?

Thanks in adavnce for reply

I would suggest a tab chlorinator (used CAREFULLY) and then manually chlorinate with bleach or Liquid Chlorinator. You could skip the tab chlorinator completely but they are not particularly pricey and may be very convenient from time to time.

Curious - why the apprehension to salt water? It's still a chlorine solution, it just uses electrolysis of salt water to generate it. The salt levels are fairly low, often below taste threshold, and the water generally "feels" softer.

The hesitancy for swg is the feel of the water.. I grew up in fl with typical chlorine pool and just don't like the feel of salt water pools... For those with tabs and cya issue, do you drain pool every so often th solve cya issue?

Is there any downside to liquidator?

Fair enough.
If you use tabs as a primary chlorine source, you will need to compensate for increasing CYA, which will mean some drain/refill cycles. I have a friend in southern CA that uses tabs exclusively, and we have had phone discussions around the end of summer about clearing up his algae outbreak every year for three years. He ultimately does a massive drain/fill and ultra-chlorinates for a few days to get cleared up for some party he is having. Every year. Our conversations go about as you'd expect it to, but so far he has neither joined this (or any) pool forum, nor has he converted from tabs. I expect to do it again this year. He seems content with his "system".

The liquidator has worked well for many folks here, with the occasional maintenance issue. You'll want to search for some liquidator threads.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thanks all...here's the latest...the PB suggests leaving the Fusion installation stating that you can just stop using the mineral part but continue to use it as a inline chlorinator...

i don't really see the purpose of doing that, why not just install in line chlorinator alone? He mentioned the staining issues should be less with pebble sheen..

The issue is that he gets paid by the mfg for every one he installs. Naturally he wants to leave it in. ;)

The LQ (liquidator) is great if you don't have a ton of leaves and if you get the upgrade so that the 'white stuff' isn't an issue.

However, if you have tons of leaves that get into your pool every day, and you don't have a main drain, then them filling up the skimmer basket(s) will increase the suction head and affect the flow out of the LQ. It's not a huge deal it's just something you have to keep an eye on and adjust it accordingly. An injection pump alleviates that problem because it doesn't rely on system suction to operate but it does require electricity to operate.

Thanks all for the advice. I have cancelled the Fusion, but forgot to mention an important detail. Pool is 30k gallons so after reading about 2 hrs worth of previous posts, it doesn't seem like LQ is going to work.

So I guess i'm left with inline chlorinator (is there one that is recommended?) vs. peristaltic pump. I have a pretty small equipment pad and an Intermatic PF 1102T for timer/freeze protection but will add the T106R for 2 speed pump. Can the peristaltic tie in easily to this?

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm looking at the Stenner 45 MHP10 based on other threads here, pool is 30k gallons. Is there a limit to the # of things that can tie into the Intermatic timer?

I want to add the hi/low controller for the 2 speed pump and now also the Stenner pump since Liqudator wont work. Would you recommend adding in a tab chlorinator for back-up and to "future proof"?

Ther is a limit of course but those timers are rated for pretty high loads.

I wouldn't recommend the tab feeder since you have an injection pump. You can manually dose for the couple of days it takes to get parts if and when you might need them. About the biggest things that go wrong with those pumps in pool installations are the tubes, and they usually last many years and are easy to change if they do go out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.