Installing 24' AGP

ddpool

Jul 20, 2008
Minnesota
Hi All...
Time for new pool for me. I am looking at purchasing the Sharkline Heritage 24' x 54"...from Pool Supply World. Any input would be helpful. Pool Supply World ok? Pool ok? Any suggestions on kind of pool, prep work, things to watch out for, installation tips etc would be much appreciated. I am going to attempt installing this myself...anyone that has installed similar..please ease my mind. Please share any tips that will make it go smooth. I have fairly level ground, so not much work there...hopefully. Anyways, any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

The only thing I'll say is that I'll say is to spend time making sure the sight is level and smooth and tamp the base good. You should be sure to treat for nut grass if there's even a remote chance for it.

This is my first attempt as well so I am learning too. I just got mine in, two weeks ago, delivered in 3 days from Pool Supply World, its a Sharkline Venture. I just finished relevelling and putting in the concrete blocks for the uprights levelling them yesterday. Going to try to put the whole thing up in the next three days as soon as the weather clears out. It is a time consuming venture to level, I had to dig down 6 inches on one side to get it level. As you can see in my pictures I used a 2 x 6 with a level on the top and slowly drug it around the circle, and then I decided to get a laser level to make sure, u can rent one, works like a charm. Do not trust your eyes for levelness, I did not believe I was off by 6 inches on one side. Look at all the videos online for installing, youtube has a man and woman putting one up in four videos to kinda give you reference and PSW has an install video on the website. And the man and woman make it look like its easy as cake, but just levelling by hand is a chore. Oh and btw did I say level, level, level!!!. Once I got the majority of the dirt out I levelled three times by shaving the dirt with my flat shovel. If you dont have one, get one, and sharpen the heck out of it with a grinder or file, it makes cutting and shaving easier and gives you a flat finish on the dirt, a regular shovel will not work. Also under my support blocks I sprinkled crushed limestone and packed it with my tamper to give it a better base than just sitting in the dirt, oh and if you do not have a tamper get one of those too to eventually pack the sand. I got the foam cove and liner pad.

You will get a DVD with the pool along with directions on PDF on the DVD but u have to use a computer to explore the DVD and find the PDF. I was not missing any parts as far as I can tell, of course I am not finished yet. The main part of the pool, the uprights, wall, top rails etc, came in by freight carrier, R & L Carriers. The liner, liner pad came in FedEx. The only problem I had with PSW was the freight tracking number. When they sent the email they left off 2 numbers and I could not find it to track it on the R & L Carrier site, but chatted with them and they immediately sent me the entire number, they were really helpful and nice. Besides that they seem reputable, other people on here have bought from them before. They are a wholesaler in California that contacts factories on the east coast states to ship directly. The main pool came shipped from SAGINAW, MI. They will send you a disclaimer about the freight that says to check your shipment prior to signing the bill of lading with R & L when it is delivered. If anything is damaged do not sign it because PSW says if you do, and something is damaged, you will fight with the freight company alone, but that's how most companies do anyway. Thats about the just of it so far, I will keep updating my main post with pics as I go and see what kind of headaches I run into. Here is the link to my post:

my-first-agp-build-t40730.html

Just bought 24' x 54" Sharkline Matrix from poolsupplyworld.com. So far so good. Still waiting for 1 item, but company has been very good with keeping us up to date with all shipments. Main shipment arrived nicely packed on pallet. I would recommend them. Also--Best price I could find on what I was interested in.
Good luck.

Ditto's on getting the site level and ditto's on Sharkline Matrix.

If you get an oval make sure you appreciate what's involved with DIY install, oval will be a challenge for your first pool install.

Thanks for all the tips...I will be taking some pics to post for everyone's enjoyment :lol: Another item for input...what type of liner should I be getting with a 24x54 Sharkline Heritage...any suggestions...what's the best?

Don't know what's was best, but just bought 25ga 24x54 Grand Tile design with Uni-Bead configuration. We wanted a little thicker liner. I believe Cramar put me onto the design. Thanks Cramar. Once we saw it, the wife liked it more than the Roliing Rock design-so we went for it. Ordered from FamilyPoolFun.com. They said it shipped today, ordered 4 days ago.

roysteves,
Install set up for April 18. So far everything seems a go.
Poolsupplyworld.com has been great to deal with. They have kept us up to date via phone and email all along the way. More diligent than I ever expected for a web based purchase.
Once pool is up, I'll be sure to post pics.

thanks,
deweypip

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.