DIY Kit Items

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
Greetings,

Below is what is coming in my kit, does anyone have a list of other items I would need? I am getting the liner locally and having them install it. Is $6k fair price for 18x36 install pool bottom and liner with liner install?

Thanks!

45 Ft x 1-1/2in Standard Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose
3 Piece Standard Pool Telepole 5 Ft - 15 Ft
Clearview Pool Vacuum Head
Standard Leaf Skimmer
Magnified Pool Thermometer
18 Inch Aluminum Back Curved Pool Wall Brush
4-Way Liquid Test Kit
POLE AND HOSE HOOKS
KAFKO I/G STEEL POOL KIT
3 STEP Replacement Stainless Steel Inground Pool Ladder
Stainless Steel Escutcheon Plate
Cross Braced Deck Mounted Stair Rail
SPP 3 Inch Stabilized Chlorine Tablets - 10 Lb
Hayward Vinyl / Fiberglass Inground Pool Light Niche
120 Volt Hayward ColorLogic LED Pool Light w/ 50 Ft Cord
HAYWARD 1 1/2" UNION
Hayward Super Pump 1 HP 2-Speed Inground Pool Pump -( SP2607X102S , HAYWARD )
Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool Filter w/ 1.5 Inch Valve -( S244T , Hayward )
Jandy 1 -1/2 Inch to 2 Inch 3-Port Positive Seal -( 4715 , Jandy )
Hayward Off-Line Inground Pool Chemical Feeder -( CL220 , Hayward )
Inground Wall Foam 1/8" X 42" X 125 Ft Roll
Gladon Spray Adhesive 24 Oz Spray Can
3/8" BLUE/WHITE (PER FT)
3/4" CPB STRAIGHT ROPE HOOK
WALL ANCHOR SET
3"X5" BLUE/WHITE/BLUE (3/8"ROP
Super Spring Start-up Kit for Pools to 30K Gallons

What is the bottom made with?

The plumbing should only be stubbed with 1-1/2" pipes and the main runs with two inch to the equipment pad. I would use 2"-2/-1/2" Jandy valves, two two inch unions, and a size up one level on the sand filter. I would have preferred to see Pentair or Jandy gear used, especially if it's 2" plumbing as an S244 is 1-1/2" inch and the internal up pipe can crack. I have had problems with Hayward's offerings in the past though I do like the Super Pump for many applications. The use of a CL220 feeder and that you have a low powered two speed may be an issue on low speed. The water's velocity on low speeds and tablet feeders in general is poor performance. Yours fits that mold unfortunately. A salt cell or the use of 3/4HP single speed pump will solve that issue.

The Pool School section will teach you. Take it and take it seriously.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.