EasyTouch Electical Code Virginia

Gunnert

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 1, 2012
I'm installing a new pool and a Pentair EasyTouch control pane. Question: the breaker sending 220 to the EasyTouch, does it have to be a GFCI (I'm located in Virginia)? Or, do I just use GFCI breakers for the pump power and transformer?
Also, I'm not installing a heater, so do I need to install the temp sensors?

Gunnert said:
Question: the breaker sending 220 to the EasyTouch, does it have to be a GFCI (I'm located in Virginia)?

No, a regular breaker is fine. The Easytouch is like a subpanel, it gets fed by a dipole breaker. Just use a GFCI for pool light, pump, etc. The transformer for the ET box itself doesnt need to be on a GFCI breaker if you run it off a separate circuit. Some people run the transformer off the line side of the pump to save a breaker slot. I used a 15 amp half high for my ET box transformer and another half high for the convenience outlet (I used a GFI plug for that).

Gunnert said:
Also, I'm not installing a heater, so do I need to install the temp sensors?
The temp semsors really dont have much to do with a heater either way. I'd still install them. The air temp sensor is needed for the freeze protection mode for the ET, and the water temp is nice to have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.