Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: EasyTouch Electical Code Virginia

EasyTouch Electical Code Virginia

I'm installing a new pool and a Pentair EasyTouch control pane. Question: the breaker sending 220 to the EasyTouch, does it have to be a GFCI (I'm located in Virginia)? Or, do I just use GFCI breakers for the pump power and transformer?
    Also, I'm not installing a heater, so do I need to install the temp sensors?
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit

Re: EasyTouch Electical Code Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnert
    Question: the breaker sending 220 to the EasyTouch, does it have to be a GFCI (I'm located in Virginia)?

No, a regular breaker is fine. The Easytouch is like a subpanel, it gets fed by a dipole breaker. Just use a GFCI for pool light, pump, etc. The transformer for the ET box itself doesnt need to be on a GFCI breaker if you run it off a separate circuit. Some people run the transformer off the line side of the pump to save a breaker slot. I used a 15 amp half high for my ET box transformer and another half high for the convenience outlet (I used a GFI plug for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnert
    Also, I'm not installing a heater, so do I need to install the temp sensors?
    The temp semsors really dont have much to do with a heater either way. I'd still install them. The air temp sensor is needed for the freeze protection mode for the ET, and the water temp is nice to have.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.