So, I need better understand the risks of a 120 Volt light in our pool. The better half is very concerned about ever using our pool light again after it burned out due to water leaking into the light.
The interior of the light fixture was pretty corroded indicating that it had probably leaked for some time. But the light had been working fine for several weeks since our remodel and the light being reinstalled. The night that it died, I turned on the light (no one was in the pool thankfully) and the light came on for a few seconds and then flickered and faded away to nothing; I assumed a burned out bulb until I opened it up.
So the question is: had someone been in the pool would they have been shocked or possibly even electrocuted? I know there is a difference and is why I asked about both. Would they have felt anything anywhere in the pool or only if they were close to the light?
This is fresh water pool - i.e. not a salt water/SWCG setup if that changes anything.