Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello and just a quick question!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello and just a quick question!

I am trying to follow the rules but I am having trouble calculating the pool volume! I am gonna attempt to attach a pic with the measurements I took this morning by myself. I am sure I will have more questions as we get things settled into our new home and turn our attention to the yard. Now we are having a pool guy come and test our water for us and he is willing to teach us but I am a forum junkie and have been impressed with the answers you guys seem to provide!!!
    Brent and Lisa
    23,000 gal IG plaster pool with 750gal attached hot tub
    60 sqFt DE filter Hayward EcoStar VS pump Hayward PS-4 Automation T-15 Turbo Cell.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello and just a quick question!

Welcome to the forum! One of the Pros should be along soon but I would just divide the pool into sections (rectangles, squares, circles)then add the totals from that.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It's hard to tell exactly how the pool looks but from your measurements I get about 21,000 gallons for the pool and 750 gallons for the spa.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I calculate about 23000 gallons for pool and 750 for spa. I assumed your deep end rectangle was an average of 6 ft (to include a slope) and the rest of the pool was 4 ft. My math for pool (broke into two rectangles and one triangle): (14*20*6+0.5*7*14*4+17*18*4)*7.48=23189 gallons. My math for spa (assumed 3ft depth): (3*pi*3.25^2)*7.48=745 gallons.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

bhall235,

With Linen and bama helping you, I would take their numbers to the bank! YOu could use 22k if you like so both of them will still like you!!

Seriously, I can't get to a calc but I would trust what those two say.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    YOu could use 22k if you like so both of them will still like you!!
    I wont if you don't use mine
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi BHall235 and welcome to TFP!

That's a really nice pool you have, congratulations on your new home!
    P.S.
    If you hang around here too much...you won't need a pool guy!

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!

My calc came in right around bama and linen, actually a little higher than linen. I could say I calc'ed at 22 and look like a genius but probably no one would believe me.

You should probably take the 22 and 750 as good volume numbers.
    J.Ollman
    18k gallon, in-ground gunite, attached spa, sand filter