New Hayward salt and swim

I am VERY pleased with it.

My PB installed one of these for me as well when we had the pool put in last September. It's definitely undersized, but I figured I'd use it for a year or two then replace. So far so good, though I do have to run it at 60%-80%. So I don't expect the cell to last very much past one season. I've seen the replacement cells for <$150 as well, which I don't think is terrible.

May be a good alternative for folks that don't HAVE 1k to 1,200 bucks up front to drop on a SWG. They can get into it cheaper up front and then just call the replacement cells "what they would normally spend chlorinating their pools for a season."

just call the replacement cells "what they would normally spend chlorinating their pools for a season."

That's pretty much my take for now. We put the pool in last year, along with the patio. This year we did landscaping and I'm currently building a 'pool house,' so I'm putting off the SWG upgrade for a year or two. I'll do just what you said and consider the $150 for a new cell the same as chlorinating with bleach.

I just thought I would share my thoughts as an owner of this system. I have had this for 3 seasons now with the original 12 month cell and it still works. So far it looks like I will have a 4th season with that cell as well. If you noticed, they no longer sell them as 6 or 12 month cells as the length of time isn't really set in stone. I have a 25k gallon in-ground pool, the high end of what this product works for and have had no issues with this. I keep my PH, Alkalinity and Stabilizer levels in range with what they specify and soak the cell in vinegar at the end of the season before putting it away. I think this is a great system and worth the low cost.

I have an AquaRite unit. It was installed 9 years ago. After 7+ years I had to replace the T-15 cell at about $400. The only other issue I have ever had was a flow switch ($50) and I just had to replace the throughput resistor ($3 cost). This is in a 19,000 gal. pool that is open year-round and in use April through Thanksgiving. That works out to cost of about $60 per year. I don't know of any cheaper way to chlorinate a pool.

Let's see, $600 for salt and swim vs $800 for Aquarite. One year on a cell for $250 or 5-7 years for $400. This doesn't seem to make much sense. But I guess some will buy based on the lower up-front cost.

Let's see, $600 for salt and swim vs $800 for Aquarite. One year on a cell for $250 or 5-7 years for $400. This doesn't seem to make much sense. But I guess some will buy based on the lower up-front cost.

Well they aren't sold as 6 or 12 month cells anymore because they last longer depending on how you care and use it. So assuming I can go my whole 4th year, I payed about the same. Assuming I get 8 years from an Aquarite cell, it would cost $200.

- But you are ASSUMING that you get another year.
- Mine is installed in a 19,000 gallon pool (I didn't see the size of yours posted).
- You are talking about putting the cell away at the end of the season, where mine is never "put away".
-My pool is in Arizona and open year-round and in use from April at least until Thanksgiving, whereas I'm pretty sure you have a little shorter season there.
- My system has been in service for 10 years now. Come back in another 6 or 7 years and we will compare the reliability.

- But you are ASSUMING that you get another year.
- Mine is installed in a 19,000 gallon pool (I didn't see the size of yours posted).
- You are talking about putting the cell away at the end of the season, where mine is never "put away".
-My pool is in Arizona and open year-round and in use from April at least until Thanksgiving, whereas I'm pretty sure you have a little shorter season there.
- My system has been in service for 10 years now. Come back in another 6 or 7 years and we will compare the reliability.

My first reply says I have a 25k gallon pool. But my response wasn't meant to spark an argument - I just posted my thoughts on it. If I lived where my pool ran all year I may have a different outcome and a different opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.