Intex 10ft Pool - Inflatable ring - Easy Set Pool

Mar 14, 2008
[align=left]

United Kingdom (UK) - Assume all units in UK metric unless I say otherwise

Intex 10ft Pool - Inflatable ring - Easy Set Pool - Circular

I'm going to try to show as much step by step knowledge I've gained about how to run my pool so that others will become self sufficient.

If you have a question ask it, if I don't know the answer, we'll all pull together to beat the answer out of of the problem.

Ask as many times as you need to. Never be shy.

About Intex 10ft Swimming Pool
> Outer walls that form the circumference are thicker then bottom
> bottom of pool is thinner and i personally recommend a ground cloth (see step 1 immediately below for any extra details)
> The Ring the you fill with air

>Locate pool so it gets the most amount of sun shine in the day as possible
>10am - 4pm is when the sun is at its maximum
>Trees will drop leaves
> shade cools the pool
> make sure you set pool close enough to the house so you can run a filter pump. Electrical lead lengths e.g. 2.5 - 3meters
> Not too much wind as this will cool pool temperature
> Close to drain so you can attach supplied adapter to a 1-2 meter hose pipe (ordinary UK hose pipe - 12.5mm) (UK units)
You may need to take hose pipe that has no connectors and is 2.5-3meters in length, and push hard on to connector

NOTE:
>A filter pump does not kill bacterial only a sanitizer does - e.g. chlorine , CHLORINE BLEACH
> Not just bleach on its own, chlorine bleach and bleach are to different types of bleach. Choose a CHLORINE BLEACH
that is 5% strength
> CHLORINE BLEACH should be thin not the thicker CHLORINE BLEACH
> It must be unscented - normal cheap stuff - must be CHLORINE BLEACH
> Take bucket, dip into pool and fill majority of bucket with pool water. Add chemicals to the water - NEVER drop a chlorine 20g / 200g
tablet or graduals / liquids into pool direct - Danger of chemical going back into your eyes, discoloration of pool
material
> IF USING A BUCKET FOR THIS - YOU MUST KEEP THIS BUCKET FOR THE POOL ONLY - DANGER OF CHEMICALS TO
HEALTH

1. Lay a ground cloth 13 x 13 ft (units - United Kingdom - feet)

> Prevents stones and sharp items ripping whole in bottom of pool
> Clean area with brush well before putting down ground sheet careful of stones
> Some seeds can grow though all layers ! - The ground cloth and pool's plastic material base
> The ground cloth is a material plastic similar to the ones put down below a tent.
> Its not a thick or rubber material
> Its usually mid-blue in colour
> £10-20 approx. Can get them cheap from www.ebay.co.uk, www.amazon.co.uk, camping shops, if you luck out try
Homebase or B&Q DIY stores for ground sheet to stop pain from falling on floors
> It helps keep heat in the pool

2. Looking at center of ground cloth, put wrapped up pool in center of ground cloth
> Open out
> Gently stretch out from base
> Pull base outwards from center to eliminate wrinkles at bottom of pool - not all will go but do your best
> Fill ring with air. Breath is so little to inflate it that it is irrelevant. Use a foot pump made for air beds / pool.
The connector needed to inflate the tube is not like one used for a football (English football), not for a bike tire or to
inflate a beach ball. The connector is larger version of a beach ball's connector you blow though.
> I recommend a battery operated pump e.g. Homebase £9 approx buy batteries separately (Requires 4 C batteries or
D size)
> Inflate until you can still give the ring a squeeze and it does not feel like a tire in resistance to squeezing
> CAUTION - DO NOT FILL TO MUCH - ON COLDER DAYS INFLATE THE RING LESS AS IT WILL EXPAND WITH AIR AND
COULD BURST FROM TOO MUCH PRESSURE
> Begin filling the pool until 1 cm. Now stretch out from sides so no wrinkles are left. After 1 inch the weight will be too
much for material to be pulled and stretched
> Filling takes approx 10 hours continuous water
> Fill to the point where the ring attaches to the pool (fill to the bottom of the ring)

3. Put on solar Cover
> Tuck solar cover under rind so it does not blow away with wind.
> Leave cover on until you get in then replace immediately after to minimise bugs, leaves and keep heat in pool.
> Run the filter pump for approx 4.5 hours if its 330 Gal (UK units), or 1H 45Mins if its a 3023L pump (United Kingdom
units) daily
> With the solar cover your find instead of the pool water being cold at end of hot summer;s day, it will be warm for
the first 12 inches / 30cm (United Kingdom units), then it will be cool not cold.
> To help heat the pool, keep solar blanket on and run the filter pump. over the hours specified for each pump above it
will circulated the pool water so it allow more to warm up.
> Solar covers are different from ordinary covers as solar covers help to heat the pool. They are see through and
tinted dark blue. They are UV treated and meant to last 5 years. They are a plastic that has air bubbles like in
packaging that you can burst, but these are covered thicker. They allow sun's energy to enter and help tp reflect
them back in. Because they are dark blue and see though the water looks like it is just dark blue and heats up faster
and keeps warm with blanket insulating the heat from escaping. Mine is approx 120 Micron in thickness, this is
average.

4. Chlorine Dispenser (20g tablet size)
> Lasts approx 4 - 7 days depending upon how much water is flowing past the tablet
> Can treat approx 4000+ Liters (English units) - READ PACKAGING
> On first day put wear plastic cloves or plastic food bags over hands and put tablet into floating dispenser.
> Put dispenser gate to maximum and check in 24Hours the chlorine level.Follow instructions of dispenser for setup and
use.
> SAFE CHLORINE SHOULD BE BETWEEN 1 - 2, IN HOT COUNTIES OR IF HIGH BATHER LOAD OR CHILDREN WHO
HAVE TOILETRY ACCIDENT KEEP TO 3 PARTS PER MILLION (PPM). IF YOU LOOK AT A TEST STRIP YOU WILL SEE
THAT IT GIVES THE READING IN PARTS PER MILLION (PPM).

> Remove dispenser when anyone enters the pool and immediately replace dispencer in pool afterwards.
> Keep chlorine dispenser in pool when the filer pump is running

5. PH

BORAX - DECREASES - PH . IF HIGH PH THEN = ALKALINE

BAKING SODA - INCREASES - PH . IF LOW PH THEN = ACID

Hope This is correct - double check for safety with other topics on PH

> PH SHOULD BE KEPT BETWEEN 7.2 - 7.8
> Can adjust PH by using PH plus or minus
> Can adjust PH by using borax or soda ash (baking soda / washing soda) - HOWEVER SO FAR I HAVE NOT FOUND
THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION WHAT CONCENTRATION OF BORAX, OR CONCENTRATION BAKING SODA, AS I
HAVE FOUND DIFFERENT STRENGTHS.

You have quite a bit of misinformation in your post. for example borax is used to increase pH, not decrease it. Baking soda is used to increase total alkalinity, not pH.
Baking soda only comes in one strength. Borax has two common types used in pools, the pentahydrate and the decahydrate. The pentahydrate is slightly more concentrated. To determine how much you need you MUST test the water with a reliable test kit!

You said that safe chlorine is between 1-2 ppm. This is not really true. The level you run your free chlorine depends on how high your cyanuric acid is.
Stabilized chlorine tablets will cause the cyanuric acid levels to rise and can lead to the pool becoming ovestabilized! The only cure for this would be to drain and refill (or to run higher FC levels with unstabilized chlorine.)

IF you leave the solar cover on the pool at all times except when in use you will most likely develop a problem with persistent combined chloramines in the water.

I suggest you read the 'stickies' from the menu at the top of the page. It will answer a lot of your questions about pool maintenace.

The biggest problem with the Intex Easy Set pools is that they come with very undersized pump/filter combos. Upgrading the pump and filter is a good idea.

Welcome to TFP! We are here to help!

HAHA

thats the nicest compliment i've got about my pool normally its wow....

its very nice to meet you too Grace

the depth in the picture is from my middle finger past my elbow... so shallow but still deeper then it looks haha..
acctually it was still filling when i took the picture. now when you sit in it its just under your mouth... i like to chill in the pool with a drink and some BBQ ..yumm

i love swimming pools!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.