Repair or buy new cleaner

Feb 28, 2012
Hi,
Need input from y'all.

I am using Baracuda G4 suction cleaner for past 5 years. Its working okay but need some parts replaced (hull, food pad, sail etc) which will cost me 175 to 180. My pool is 13K Gal. with curved joint at bottom & wall, shallow dept 3 at endge to 6 ft at center.

Other hand I am thinking to buy new cleaner "The Pool Cleaner" (2 wheel suction type) - cost approx $400.

My Question is - what's good call - to repair existing G4 or buy new cleaner?
Some input with reasoning will help me lot. thanks in advance!

Buga.

I have been using my 2 wheel "the pool cleaner" for a little over 1 year with only one issue. My cleaner jammed up from a tiny pebble that got stuck between the gears. I took it apart and cleared the gears and reassembled in 10 minutes. Basically, I took the housing apart and removed the pebble in the gears. I have been completely satisfied with the cleaner and my cousin has had one for 3 years with only the tires needing to be replaced.

My pool is an 18X30 kidney shape and is 3.5 to 8 feet deep. The cleaner does well throughout the pool except it doesn't clean my steps or reef. My main debris are dirt and 1 inch leaves. I only average about 15 leaves a day.

If you have not put any other money into your cleaner then you have done pretty well. You might need new hoses in the future and consider that into your cost for future repairs. I don't know what other parts that might wear out on the G4, but you should examine that and decide if you should get a new cleaner or repair your cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.