What a friendly, spam-free forum this is?
Well, it's all because of a lot of hard, sometimes tedious, behind-the-scenes work done by the moderators here. Their efforts are frequently unrecognized simply because most of what they do doesn't show up. You often see them answering questions, helping folks but that is only a small part of what they do.
You can probably imagine the number of spammers we attract because we are becoming a pretty active forum. This group has become super-effective at finding them and deleting their posts so, unless you get up really early or in the middle of the night, you seldom see a spam. We have even had a few instances of our mods catching a spammer while he was online but before he could make one post!!
Likewise, we have the VERY rare but occasional inappropriate post. Most of those involve clear violations of forum rules but some are just plain unhelpful in terms of tone or false information posted. These are usually gone very quickly but often, mods consult one another and arrive at consensus before taking any action.
I wanted y'all to know just how dedicated, smart and diligent the moderators are on this forum. Their efforts, coupled with Jason's computer skills, make this the very best pool site on the web by far. Post them up a "Thanks" if you feel like it.
Now, following that up, we sometimes have a silly contest here on the forum that is pointless but fun, nevertheless. I think the first one was when SeanB gave away a Shelby Mustang to the person who guessed the closest date when we reached a certain number of members. It turned out the Shelby Mustang was a plastic model (Sean is a VERY frugal guy) but it was fun. I can't remember who won.
So, let's try this one.....
The forum will send a new Speedstir (or a credit for the same amount if you have one already) to the first poster who can name the current mods IN THE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER in which they became moderators.
1. You cannot consult the mods.....most of their memories are too short anyway.
2. It must be posted in this thread....no PM's or emails....you gotta' put it here.
3. The "official" answer is kept by Jason and me and all the mods.......any one of which will post and stop the contest as soon as he/she sees the correct answer.
4. Only the current mods count. Even if you get the current ones correct but include a former mod (or me or Jason), your answer will be incorrect.
5. A list of the current mods can be found on the right side of the home page.
6. Don't use the "join date"....that may not be correct.