Tigershark Foam Insert Came Loose

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
First time I'm seeing this. we opened one up to clean it and there was a foam type insert loose. This is one of the new models. and they have them at the back of the motor at top of the body two foam inserts on both sides of the tigershark. I guess these help it float up to the surface. (see pic).

I was able to reattach it but not sure if the positioning was right and can't find a diagram showing these foam inserts and how to properly attach them.

anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Photo on 2-26-12 at 5.42 PM.jpeg
    Photo on 2-26-12 at 5.42 PM.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 53
What model TigerShark do you have? And if possible, can you snap another pic with the foam piece reattached?

I haven't heard of that happening, but if you tell me the model I could probably find a diagram to show you positioning.

blakej said:
What model TigerShark do you have? And if possible, can you snap another pic with the foam piece reattached?

I haven't heard of that happening, but if you tell me the model I could probably find a diagram to show you positioning.

Its the latest Hayward model. the regular one for residential pools. Gray - RC9950GR

Thanks.

I've already reinserted the insert. I might on Friday take the body apart so I can see how it attaches. I felt my way and got it almost inserted like the other one. Looks like a screw might go through it. Maybe that attaches it.

was going to open the Tiger Shark today but seemed like too much work! The insert I put back in is still securely in place and the other insert is not screwed in just pushed in place. will run the unit as is and see what happens. I'm guessing this is a new tweak Hayward has done. I doubt it really is necessary for the shark to properly work. will see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.