I was not going to "close" my pool at all, but then managed to kick the hose that puts the filtered water back in the pool off the filter one day in November. Not wanting to mess with pool plumbing right then, I drained the water to below the input eye in the pool and took the hose going from the skimmer off and plugged the opening. I was planning on opening the pool and putting chemicals in it before the water got to 60 degrees, so I wouldn't have a "swamp" to deal with. However, at the end of January we had several days in the mid to upper '70's along with mild nights. By the time I thought to check the pool the first of February the water was 66 degrees and green. I've gotten my needed plumbing items, 10 gallons chlorine, and 2 gallons muriatic acid. I fixed the plumbing; this went without problems. I also filled the pool to the proper level and tested the pump and filter. All good. Today is the day to start degreening. Checked Ph, it was at 8.2, so added a quart of 15% muriatic acid. The water isn't so bad that you can't see through it, but it is cloudy, so I knew that durinYg the CYA test the dot could disappear sooner than the actual CYA would indicate. The dot disappeared at 80, given the fact I used tri-chlor at the end of last summer but did replace about a foot of water I estimate it to be no more than 60. So I put 2 gallons of 10% chlorine in to start. Was planning on using some polyquat also. Maybe. I was going to post pics but I'm on an iPhone and can't see how to do it from here. Has to wait until later.