Which SWG brand?

Hi all,
I've got a 14,000 gal vinyl inground pool. Replacing the liner in a couple of weeks and I'm going to make the switch over to a SWG. Ive searched through several pages of posts in the SWG category and haven't seen a post talking about which is the better brands to go with. I'm sure its been beaten around like an old dog, so if someone can tell me a post to search that would be great. But if you dont mind answering, even better!
Not a rich man by any means, so price is always a main concern (already shelling out a couple grand for the liner). I have been researching a little and seem to realize that the AutoPilot may be too costly. Yet on the other hand, I'm worried that something as inexpensive as the CircuPool may not be all that it seems. And then theres the options...do I want/need theses things? PH controls...vector jets...self cleaning.......jeesh...
Please enlighten me ye wise ones....

I'm liking my Compupool CPSC 48. Compupool and CircuPool use the same cells but have differences in the power supply. Price was right on the CPSC48 around $800. Did the install myself. A little daunting at first, but take your time, do research, and ask questions here. You'll get it done.

Which ever brand you get make sure it will generate enough chlorine to sanitize your pool in the amount of time that you currently run it. Other wise you may have to run your pool longer to get the proper sanitation, which will in turn cost more money in electricity.

would love to try a Compupool system. trying out one of their Hayward T15cell replacements next week. want to run these in all our pools. Love the look of the Compupool see-through cells.

would you be looking for a low salt run swg as you have a vinyl pool? just curious if anyone knows?

Was talking to the pool guy I've hired to install my new liner and he recommended going with a pentair swg or hayward because he would sell it to me and be the person to be able to replace something that goes down, quickly. He says that no matter what the warrenty says, that it would take lots of time for me to send in the unit, have it repaired or replaced and get it sent back to me. Lots of downtime. Has this been a problem for anyone? I can install it myself no problem (former electrician) but never considered that aspect. What say you?

we've been installing and managing AquaRites for almost 3 years now. Very reliable system. Only problem we've encountered is power surges blowing the current limiter on the board. (we have terrible electricity on the island). I just solder on a new $8 current limiter and this saves the client having to buy a whole new board which is $200-$300. Only had to replace 4 current limiters so far.

Had a cell die on my watch but previous pool guy had the pool water all out of balance.

If when the cell dies just get a compupool t15 replacement see-through cell. its about $100 cheaper than the hayward t15 cell.

None of the SWG brands are ideal. All of them have one kind of rare problem or another. My favorites are Intex for small above ground pools, CompuPool when you are very price sensitive, AquaRite for a mid-range unit, and AutoPilot on the high end. There are many other good choices, those are just the ones that come up around here the most often.

simple is best. keep the system simple. less bells and whistles. AquaRite is so solid. we don't install anything else other than the Compupool replacement T15 which we sell with the AquaRite system. but it's more expensive with system. replacement cell is cheaper than the Hayward replacement T15. when you get into a system with check valve and other stuff you are just asking for problems down the road. KISS!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.