Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on aggregate out of water

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on aggregate out of water

I am doing a beach entry and I am getting conflicting info on the aggregates out of the water.

Two builders told me the beach must be done in pebble, whether it's pebble tech or another brand.

Another builder told me I can use diamondbright aggregate in the beach out of water.

Can anyone help me to clear this up?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question on aggregate out of water

I wouldn't use Diamond Brite or plaster for a beach that would leave some exposed. The exposed material could crack in the air exposed part. It would also be a pretty slick surface. All it takes is one person's slippage....

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Got, makes sense. Thanks Scott.

Do you know if I could use say SGM river rock for the beach part of the pool, and diamond brite for the rest of the pool, can you do two different surfaces like that?

4. Back To Top    #4

I've seen a picture where someone used flagstone for the beach entry, and ended it as the step. The rest of the pool was finished with plaster or other standard finish. If I find the picture again, I'll share it here. But it really looked quite nice.

Update: I found one on our PB's website.
    http://photos.outdoorliving-poolandp...t=Photo&ci=008
    20' x 40' / 33,000 gallon / IG / Vinyl
    200lb sand filter / 1hp pump
    4hrs full sun with about 45 min part sun before and after

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by notenuftoys
    I've seen a picture where someone used flagstone for the beach entry, and ended it as the step. The rest of the pool was finished with plaster or other standard finish. If I find the picture again, I'll share it here. But it really looked quite nice.

Update: I found one on our PB's website.
    http://photos.outdoorliving-poolandp...t=Photo&ci=008
    Thanks, appreciate it.