Los Gatos, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I just drained about 50% of my pool and am refilling. The fill water has CH of 120 which is much lower than my water, but the TA is high at 210. The ph is also high 7.8, but the water is cold so it is not really too high. The process of filling introduces some aeration as the hose water splashes into the pool. I can also turn on spa fill mode and get a nice waterfall going. Should I add acid during the refill to help lower TA or wait until the pool is filled and do it all then?

Linda

You want good circulation going when you add acid. Otherwise the acid can sink to the bottom and possibly damage the pool surface. If you have the main circulation/filter pump running then you could go ahead and add some acid now if you want. If you only have the garden hose running then I would wait till the main pump is running to add acid.

210 isn't really terribly high with your pH at 7.8. My fill water is over 400ppm TA. You will be able to work on 210 TA slowly after the pool is filled. No need to be in a hurry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.