Deck fountain piping algae

Feb 21, 2012
So we recently purchased this house with a pool and there is a PVC pipe directed straight up uncovered towards the sky. Took a look today and it was filled with standing water and green algae. I took some extra PVC pipe and made an attachment so it wouldn't blow into the pool and with pump running I opened the valve isolating it. I blew it out for 10 seconds then shut valve, soaked up some water then poured in a dose of CL. And covered pipe. Should I shock the pool and refill that piping with the new water after shocking or should the CL I added do the trick? It's the longest piping length as its furthest from pump.

I'd just run the fountain for a while and keep an eye on your chlorine, and run it for a while every day to prevent future growth. The algae will only grow near the opening because it needs sunlight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.