Pump cover designs/ options

I am wanting to build and or purchase a cover for my new pump and sand filter mostly to keep the sun and some of the rain off. Was thinking of a 2 sided leanto style. Back would be sheltered by the back fence and would keep the front open for ventilation. Does anyone have any simple DIY options/plans/pictures they care to share. I am still undecided if it should be metal or timber aswell.

We built three walls around our equipment, all connecting to the deck, but no roof. So it's open to the elements (would love to change that!) But I would suggest wood, as it doesn't retain heat like metal would.

Hopefully, someone will jump in here with some ideas/pictures of what they've done.

I have a freestanding leanto style structure that can be moved. It's insulated with styrofoam and has metal walls. It's easily moved. I don't know if I've posted a pic of it, but if you want I can in a day or two.

I'll try to take some this afternoon and post them.

Here you go.
Outside
100_2592.jpg

Inside
100_2593.jpg

It was raining so I didn't take time to clean the leaves off. :(

I used extra metal left over from my shop. I made a frame of treated 2x4's and the insulation is 1" styrofoam sheets. They're set in place with spray glue. Being insulated actually helps the heat gain in the summer as well as the insulating peoperty in the winter. Since the side against the house is open there's plenty of air exchange.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.