Looking for Robot Rec's for FIBERGLASS- Got the Polaris 9400

Re: Looking for Pool Robot Reccomendations for FIBERGLASS Po

jhav, I am glad you enjoyed the review! We have several awesome articles in the pipeline for this week!

As for cartridge cleaning, the 9300 and 9400 sure do make it easy! I have been told the 9400 will start shipping on April 1, 2012! (less than 2 weeks away!) :party:

Thanks everybody for your insight and thanks BlakeJ for the video/review links. I'm gonna order the 9400 and give it a shot.

From all the information I've gathered, there is no 'perfect' robot - all of them require some manual effort to keep the pool perfectly clean. In my case - with the 9400 - I am assuming that my 'effort' will primarily be related to brushing off the stairs and toe-kick before throwing it into the pool.... I can handle this ;-)

My expectation is that it will do a great job on the floors and the walls (at least up-to the toe-kick), that is will be easy to clean (cartridge filter), and that it will hopefully last a little while before it breaks! If it does these things, I'll be happy.

I'll report back after I receive my unit and have a chance to try it out in my pool.

So - my new 9400 arrived yesterday and my initial impressions are "WOW!" We had a couple of bad wind days and my pool was pretty dirty. I thew the 9400 in and watched it work its magic. I did not expect it to be great on the walls given the toe-kick and the non-porous FG surface, but it had zero issues. It climbed the toe-kick each and every time with ease - it even got up on the stairs and did a decent enough job there.

By the end of it's routine, the pool was spotless. The cartridge filter - as expected - was a breeze to empty and clean. The included 'cart' is a great thing to have around as I wheeled it back into the garage when I was done.

If anybody is interested, I would be happy to shoot a video of the 9400 in action... based on my initial use, I am very happy with my choice.

Hey jhav, that's great news! I am happy that your thorough research here on TFP paid off! :party: I doubt that I am the only one that would love to see a video of your 9400 in action!

Re: Looking for Robot Rec's for FIBERGLASS- Got the Polaris

Here's a quick video that I shot - note that my water temp was pretty low this day ~58 degrees. Anyhow, you can see the 9400 easily climbing over the toe kick and cleaning the waterline.

[youtube:bq6opb3y]hTkC4z04ar0[/youtube:bq6opb3y]

The 9400 has 2 settings - I think they are named 150 & 90... Using the 150 cycle, the robot will climb all walls for a thorough clean; on the 90 cycle, the robot will not attempt to climb any walls and will spend all of it's time cleaning the floor and corners.

The 9400 has 2 settings - I think they are named 150 & 90... Using the 150 cycle, the robot will climb all walls for a thorough clean; on the 90 cycle, the robot will not attempt to climb any walls and will spend all of it's time cleaning the floor and corners.

Yes, the names correspond the length of the cleaning cycle (90 min vs. 150 min). Glad you shared the video! It looks like your cleaner had no problem getting over your toe-kick :whoot:

jhav said:
Here's a quick video that I shot - note that my water temp was pretty low this day ~58 degrees. Anyhow, you can see the 9400 easily climbing over the toe kick and cleaning the waterline.

jhav,

I tried to view the video but it says it is private. Any chance you could make it public so others can see it?

Thanks,

Jay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.