ecostar replacement motor

Your local pool supply store should carry the replacement motor and shaft seal that you need for your Hayward pump. When you replace the motor you must replace the shaft seal or the pump will leak. Make sure the replacement motor is the same hp as the old one brand dosn't mater.

I seriously doubt that any local pool stores carry the motor for an Ecostar pump yet. Not a lot of places deal with variable speed pumps much, especially not just replacement motors for them. That's a pretty special motor and not a lot of call for them so you'll probably have to order it through a Hayward dealer.

Thanks guys. I found a replacement motor online. Definately no locals shops on this island would sell any parts for the ecostar. one reason why I think we should just stick to pumps we can get parts locally. not worth the headache. I would like to save mt clients money but not at the expense of my business.

we are re installing the pump today with new pump seal. will see how it runs now. will take a video if it still makes the noise.

update: most of the noise was the worn seal but the pump bearings are making noise now and motor will need to be replaced. owner wont pay, supplier wont pay and Hayward wont pay.

going to cost me out of my own pocket $600 to land one of these motors and we only made $250 installing it. we are staying away from these eco products from now on. we try to save clients money and it only costs us in the long run. doesn't make any business sense to me. we have parts for super pumps. best use them as we can change the bearings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ohm_Boy said:
See if there is an electric motor shop nearby. If you are servicing pools, you should become friends with them.

we have a shop we take our motors to..might see what they say before we go purchase a new motor. even if they have to cut the thing open and get some bearings that fit . it might be worth a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.