Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New DIY Pool (questions)

1. Back To Top    #1

New DIY Pool (questions)

Hi,

I am new here, been reading a lot. I am going to do a DIY 36x18 from poolproducts.com and I have a couple questions.

1. I am upgrading to color logic, will one light be enough for this pool?
    2. The kit comes with (Hayward 24" Sand Filter System with 1HP Super-Pump) ... is that a dual speed? Ive seen mention of them being dual.

I will have lots of other questions and I will post lots of pictures as I progress.

Thanks
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New DIY Pool (questions)

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, so it wasnt the 2 speed, but ive upgraded to that.

Seems from some research here on this forum that 1 color logic in the deep end will be sufficient.

Quick question RE: 2 speed pump. The 2 speed is 3/4HP but 1.5" pipe size. I see so many here saying you need 2" pipe, but there is no 2" two speed available.
    http://www.poolproducts.com/SPP/dept.as ... 076&FNM=92
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

If the pool is a standard rectangular shape I would personally go with one light Ive seen two in a similar size pool and it was way' too bright just personal opinion. Someone else will have to chime in on the pump size im not familiar enough with that to adequately answer that one.

5. Back To Top    #5

The pump port size 1-1/2" just means you'll need a 1-1/2" --> 2" adapter to use it with 2" pipe. The pump connection size can usually be considered the minimum pipe size for that pump, but bigger (within reason) usually isn't a problem.
    25k gal Lazy-L, vinyl liner, poly walls, swimout spa, diving board, TurboTwister slide.
    Hayward 2HP 2-spd pump, Pentair 2HP spa pump, Hayward 30" 500lb sand filter.
    Goldline Pro Logic PS-8 automation/SWG. 2 LED ColorLogic 4.0. 8 Jandy deck jets. MX-8 cleaner.