Freezing Question

rhumbaclave

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2011
I am trying to plan out the rest of my build and was thinking about dropping the liner the 4th week in March. My concern is that we can still get snow in April and temps can get below 32 degrees overnight. I am trying to figure out my options.

A. Could I fill the pool to under the returns?

B. What about just filling it all the way and running the pump at night if temps could get below.

C. Or... heaven forbid run the heater some and take out a loan to pay for the gas.

You need to have 70 degrees F at least during the day and I would recommend that for 24 hr period or until liner is full. You wont have any problems with temps overnight getting below freezing. It takes longer than that for water to freeze enough to damage plumbing. Several days of 0 degrees would be my concern

i am new to this forum and I think that we are going to become good friends because I have a sour taste in my moutn about the services and product we are buying ever since I put my name on the contract and gave then 10,000 to start. That was in Se[ptember of last year. It is now Feb 21st and they want to dig March 9th and want another 10,000 before they put the shovel in the ground. We live in monmouth county NJ and have contacted for your basic rectangle liner built-in pool 17 x 33. They claim that those permits to put this pool in cost $1267.00 (which is above 30,000. contract) and that they want to excavate march 9th. My concern right now is can that be true, that the permit costs that much? and is March 9th to soon to excavate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.