Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline Auqu Rite system Version number

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline Auqu Rite system Version number

I have a Goldline Aqua Rite system with a R1.40 firmware number on the screen.
    I have a chance to buy a almost new panel with a R1.10 firmware number.
    Should it work ok?
    Can you get any updated firmware or I really don't need to worry.

Thanks
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Goldline Auqu Rite system Version number

It’s not recommended to use an older board to replace a newer board. Older boards usually require a different wiring configuration and aren’t compatible with newer salt cells. Using firmware higher than your existing board is your best bet for an updated system, with the most recent upgrade being Aqua Rite 1.58 firmware.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by blakej
    It’s not recommended to use an older board to replace a newer board. Older boards usually require a different wiring configuration and aren’t compatible with newer salt cells. Using firmware higher than your existing board is your best bet for an updated system, with the most recent upgrade being Aqua Rite 1.58 firmware.

So the firmware is in an eprom chip or hard coded in a chip?
    Can a dealer upgrade firmware?
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

For the Aqua Rite, Hayward won't be able to tell you whether the firmware's EPROM or hard coded, either because they consider it sensitive info, or their reps just won't know.

My understanding is that a dealer can't upgrade firmware. Sorry, Iggy...

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by iggy

You may want to give the guys at saltsolutions.com a call. I just had them upgrade /flash my board from v1.40 up to v1.55. I now have a t15 cell in place of a worn out t5 cell. I'm planning on doing a write up once the system has been running for a while longer.
    18,000 gallon 17 x 35 in-ground diamond brite, Fafco solar, SWG, Barracuda G3, well pump - Biscayne Aquifer CH=250

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by austinnichols101
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy

You may want to give the guys at saltsolutions.com a call. I just had them upgrade /flash my board from v1.40 up to v1.55. I now have a t15 cell in place of a worn out t5 cell. I'm planning on doing a write up once the system has been running for a while longer.
    I wonder what is the difference between 1.40 and 1.55????? I have 1.40 and it came with a t15 cell. It was installed about 2.5 years ago.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade