LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a Solar Cover 2 years back without doing the research. It is a decent cover with a light side and dark side. But now I feel like the fool, the store just told me I pull it off and on quite easily, but I prefer not to do that.

So my questions

1) Which side faces the sun, the light side or the dark side

2) Reels, this is where I can't get a straight answer or have not found the right shop.
For an oval pool, does the reel mount on the end of the pool or towards the middle? I don't want to have the reel cut off the end of the pool if it is on an end. If in the middle does it swing in or does it unmount to be carried away.

Safety and ease of use is my number one concern.

I have never used the cover yet, my pool is full sun so it does get warm quick. My top rails are resin, so I am not sure of the stress it puts on that, I am sure it can take it.

Thanks

For an oval, you can put the rail in the center, you can put it just at the edge of one of the round ends, or with some creative strap extensions, you can put it at the end.

A lot of folks mount the reel on posts to get it out of the way when the cover is rolled up. You lift on end off the post and swing it off the pool and set it on another post.

I don't really think it's going to matter which way you put the cover on. Standard is the bubble side to the water. The main thing the cover does is prevent evaporation at night, which it will do regardless of color.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.