Recent plaster discoloration...

dpinch

Feb 19, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
To whom it may concern:

I have recently taken over the care of my pool. Over the past few months I have noticed that my pool plaster has begun to dis-color. It seems to be an equal balance of blue’s and grey’s now.

Pool History...We purchased the house with the pool about 5 months ago. The pool had not been serviced for some time and the water was stagnate and it had black algae. We had the pool drained and pressure washed. Once refilled the pool looked great. The black algae retuned not too long after it was re-filled. The pool was shocked. It stopped the black algae for a while and then it returned for a 3rd time. The pool again was shocked and it has not returned since. It seems the plaster dis-coloration became more obvious as the water temp got colder with the onset of winter. We live in Texas and the average water temp this winter has been between 45 and 55 degree’s.
Can you please give me some thoughts and possible remedies to fix the issue. I have pictures I can sent too if necessary.

Thank you, Dan

Hi, Dan,

Welcome to the forum. :lol: The pictures will help a lot so please post them.

What will help even more is a set of current test results. The forum almost begins and ends with accurate testing of your water because almost every issue with the quality of swimming pool water is due to some parameter being out of whack.

Post CURRENT results for .....
FC
TC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Those abbreviations are found in an article in Pool School in the upper right hand corner of the page if you are not familiar with them.

Re: New to "Trouble Free Pool" with a question...

Sounds a lot like metal staining. Are you using an ionizer or a copper based algaecide?

Those pictures look familiar!

Sure looks like Calcium scale to me. Mine tends to look blue-grey when submerged, and a pale tan color when exposed.
file.php

Let me start with the TFP Mantara: Can you post a full set of test results? :mrgreen:

[center:6xl32vr3]
file.php
[/center:6xl32vr3]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.